Looking for some serious pulling power?
Portable Winch products, engineered and manufactured in Quebec, Canada, are designed for the extreme demands of forestry, arboriculture, large game hunting, industrial, and utility/telecommunication installation.
A capstan winch works by the friction generated from multiple wraps of rope around a rotating cylinder. Rope does not accumulate on a spool like a cable or strap winch does so you pull length is only limited by how much rope you have.
Portable Winch capstan rope winches offer many advantages over cable winches including:
- Pull length only limited by the length of your rope and your rigging creativity.
- 100% duty-cycle due to an oil-bath gearbox and Honda 4-stroke gasoline engine. No rest/cool down period required.
- 100% of rated power always available.
- An incredible array of application specific kits and individual accessories.
Northern Woodsmen stocks and services Portable Winch products.
- The most popular models and accessories are in stock and ready to ship.
- Preconfigured and custom kits available.
- Demo units available. We lend out demo/trial units to commercial customers throughout Wisconsin, the UP, and northern Illinois.
- Loaner units available in the unlikely case your winch needs service.
- Product demos and training at your facility.
- We service what we sell.